Observations from a Dog's Life
Tuesday Jul 26, 2011
Posted in: Prospect's Journal
Why is there a positive correlation between how good food smells and how high my human places it?
• If I have little interest the food gets left on the table.
• If I show interest the food gets placed on the stove top.
• If something smells really good and I start to wag my tail, Ed "The Chauffeur" will place the leftovers even higher on top of the refrigerator.
I have lots of experience taking car rides to lots of different destinations. I have learned to predict the destination before we leave by being an observant dog. Here's some pre- and post-departure observations and what they mean:
• Ed has on sandals = Destination with minimal walking.
• Ed has on socks and tennis shoes = We will be walking several miles.
• Ed does not have a bottle of water = We will be walking near the lake.
• Ed has water & my collapsible bowl = We will be walking on the greenway (he doesn't let me drink from the creek there).
• Ed has on his brown shoes, water & my collapsible bowl = We are going trail hiking. He doesn't fall down as much when he wears his brown shoes.
• Ed has loaded his pockets with treats = Wherever we go, I will be asked to behave.
• Ed just took a shower: We're just driving around to places where he leaves me in the car for a minute or two.
• The car has been beeping: We're stopping somewhere called a gas station where Ed gets out and sticks something into the back of the car.
• We make a right at the first stoplight: We're going to vet. Nothing exists to the right except the vet.
• We cross the big bridge & river: We're going to the dog park!!
• Ed recently cleaned the car: Looming road trip.
• Ed has loaded a box of my toys, bucket of dog food, and my dog bed into the car: ROAD TRIP!!
• Ed has my music CD's = He learned his lesson about leaving behind my music as shown in this video:
Latest K9 Forum Posts
If you're a dog lover, you should read this! I will tell you now that you WILL cry! There will be so...
I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers, a male who's 11 and a female who's 8. The female has serious issues...
The transport is being coordinated by Blind Dog Rescue. Their contact e-mail is transport@blinddogre...