Tennessee State Park Pet Policy
All state park campgrounds allow cats and dogs. Pets must be on a leash and must not be left unattended. Proof of rabies shots and a physical description of the animals may be required upon request. Certain areas such as picnic areas, beaches, swim areas and foodservice areas may be restricted to pets. Please remember that these are natural areas and domestic and wild animals sometimes have confrontations. Please take a look at our Pet Policy http://www.tnstateparks.com/policies.shtml#pets (see below).
Can I bring my pet to stay in a cottage or resort lodge?
Yes. Cats and dogs are permitted to stay in specific designated inn rooms and cabins. Each park will have assigned rooms or cabins set aside as pet rooms. Park management reserves the right to prohibit any pet on the premises that may pose a risk to guests or staff. Certain areas such as picnic areas, beaches, swim areas and foodservice areas may be restricted to pets.
Guests must sign a Pet Policy Liability form upon check-in that will explain the park's policy in detail. There is a $15 per pet charge per night. Additional charges may apply for any damage that may occur to carpet or furnishings. Please take a look at our Pet Policy http://www.tnstateparks.com/policies.shtml#pets (see below).
Pet Policy Document at http://www.tnstateparks.com/policies.shtml#pets:
Dogs, cats and other pets are prohibited unless they are crated, caged or on a leash, or otherwise under physical restrictive control at all times. Pets are prohibited in park inns or cabins (except where rooms and/or cabins have been designated for pets, see specific information below), lodges, public eating places, food stores, and on designated swimming beaches and pools at all times.
The superintendent may also designate, by the posting of appropriate signs on trails and other portions of the park, areas where pets are not permitted. This prohibition does not apply to service animals.
Inn and Cabins:
In an effort to make your stay more enjoyable, Tennessee's State Parks offer a limited number of inn rooms and one cabin at each park for guests who travel with their pets. We highly recommend you reserve these designated rooms several weeks in advance. Guests making cash payments for their stay will be required to make a minimal deposit. Please call the park in advance for more information.
Here are a few things you should know before arriving at the park.
* Effective April 2009 - There is a $15 per pet charge per night.
* Park Management reserves the right to prohibit any pet on the premises that may pose a risk to our guests or staff.
* Rooms will not be cleaned if a pet is present (guests may obtain linen service).
* Pets may not be left unattended in rooms or cabins.
* Extra fees may apply for noisy dogs and cats that disturb other guests resulting in complaints or refunds.
* Extra fees may apply for cleaning or damage to room or fixtures.
* Pets are allowed only in designated areas.
* Pets are not permitted inside restaurant, lobby, or other public areas.
* Guests must cleanup after their pet (courtesy litter bags are provided).
* Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
* Pets must be current with all vaccinations.
Camping and Trails:
Please contact the individual park for specific restrictions regarding pets in campgrounds and on various trails.