North Dakota State Park Pet Policy
1. Animals shall be personally attended at all times and shall be effectively restrained by a portable enclosure or a leash not exceeding six feet in length.
2. No person may keep a noisy, vicious, or dangerous dog or other animal, or one which is disturbing to other persons, in a state park.
3. Pet waste must be bagged and disposed of in an appropriate waste container.
4. Animals are not allowed on any designated swimming areas, playgrounds, in buildings, or other posted areas in a state park, except for animals used to assist the disabled.
5. No person may bring saddle or pack animals onto a site which has not been developed and maintained to accommodate saddle or pack animals. Only certified weed free hay and feed are allowed in state parks.
6. No person may tie or hitch any animal to a tree or plant.
7. Horse waste and hay must be removed daily from all areas except designated horse trails.